Some excellent websites devoted to just about everything that you could ever wish to know or find out about Mull to help you plan your visit.
1) www.holidaymull.co.uk An excellent and well laid out site for the visitor to browse while planning a stay on the Island.
3) www.visitscotland.com The official website of the Scottish Tourist Board.
4) www.comar.co.uk Tobermory's own community arts centre which is housed in the towns renovated Victorian primary school is well worth a visit, even if its just for the fantastic views, the home made soup or just the 'craic'.
5) www.calmac.co.uk The homepage of Caledonian MacBrayne who operate the ferries which connect all the islands on the west coast of Scotland. You can check timetables and prices and even book online.
6) www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/balamory The official BBC website devoted to the toddler tourism phenomenon which is Balamory. There is even a karaoke so you can sing along with PC Plum's song (my personal favourite!) and all the other characters!
7) www.mullrail.co.uk The website of the famous Mull railway which is unfortunately now closed for good. The website will stay open for a wee while longer so you can enjoy a trip down memory lane.
8) www.maclean.org The website of the Clan Maclean who are the indigenous clan on Mull and whose clan home - Duart Castle is based there.
9) www.themishnish.co.uk The homepage of one of the best known pubs in Scotland.
10) www.macgochans-tobermory.co.uk Tobermorys other awesome pub with live music on most nights.
11) www.isle-of-iona.com Everything you wanted to know about Iona but were afraid to ask! Well worth looking at before any visit to this incredible island.
12) www.tobermorychocolate.co.uk I defy any self respecting 'chocoholic' to have the willpower to walk past the Tobermory Chocolate Factory without going in.
13) www.tobermorygolfclub.com Although it is only 9 holes, this must be one of the most breathtaking places to play golf in the UK. Even if you aren't a golfer the walks over the golf course provide some fabulous vistas.
14) www.forestry.gov.uk Forestry plantations run by the Commission are common around many parts of Mull and this site allows you to make the most of what they have to offer in the way of walks, community projects, Sea Eagles etc.
15) www.aros-park.org.uk Aros Park just outside Tobermory is owned by the Forestry Commission but is maintained by them for use by the public. The Aros Estate was once owned by Alexander Allan of Aros and this website gives a fascinating insight into the history of the area.
16) www.mullrally.org Website of the famous Mull Rally that takes place on the public roads of Mull every October and attracts competitors and spectators from all around the world.
17) www.whalewatchingtrips.co.uk Sea based wildlife watching trips are very popular on Mull and this site is run by the original company to provide Whale watching experiences – Sealife Surveys.
18) www.hebrideantrust.org The Hebridean Trust purchased the Treshnish Isles off the West coast of Mull in 2000 and are responsible for their protection and continued use as a valuable natural resource.
19) www.mullponytrekking.co.uk For the adventurous amongst you the chance to go horse riding through some of Mulls most beautiful areas is one not to be missed. All ages and abilities are catered for.
20) www.isleofulva.com Ulva is a privately owned island on the West side of Mull which has some lovely walks, excellent wildlife and an award winning café/restaurant. Well worth a visit.
21) www.mullwildlife.co.uk & www.discovermull.co.uk With so much diverse and interesting wildlife on offer it can be very useful and rewarding hiring a professional guide who can increase your chances of sightings and use their knowledge and experience to talk about what you are seeing. These two companies provide just that.
22) www.tobermory.mull.com An excellent site about Mull with many different subjects listed.
23) www.mullbirds.com This site is devoted to birdwatchers with a specific interest in the bird life of Mull and the surrounding islands of Argyll.
24) www.simplymull.co.uk A wonderful site full of incredible visual images taken on Mull from someone who has spent many years recording it across all the seasons.
25) www.mendelssohnonmull.com This site gives you all of the details you need regarding this long running and extremely popular classical music festival